Sunday, May 08, 2005

On the essence of being tired; work ethic

My head is connected to my computer by a wire, but I'm the one that's taking the readings (head input is currently populated by Autechre - Live in Vancouver (date unknown).mp3 ). What exactly is the situation? I'm trying to write a paper due the next day, but I'm tired.

I can usually put it off, informally expressing that I would not. There are too many other delays and interruptions breaking apart my work capacity. By Gladwell's Law of the Few (check out The Tipping Point), I can all too well accept that the majority of the work I do can be concentrated at the tip of a work cycle, a work cycle for this paper I have, for example. Take an off-the-shelf human: the evolution that led to the genetics of this human was generously accumulated at the very end of the Earth's total time-in-existance, according to some accounts. The majority of this time was used to set up the conditions to provoke life. In the same way, the majority of my week will likely contain scattered intentions and sub-efforts but be bland without meaningful work-ful-ness.

What am I doing now? You guessed it, avoiding work.

Can we challenge our undesired ineffective states? Cold water to the face will be temporary. Cold air to the face will last longer. Cold walks to the feet will be most use-procuring, but will require hunger-neutralization.

Another offer of a solution is the power nap. Has anyone been able to make 15 minutes to work effectively? This is recommended to the drowsy on the road to avoid sleep related accidents, but day delirium usually multiplies fifteen minutes a few times, leaving you ever-many-minutes-fallen-asleep and even more tired, because excess sleep inspires a continuation of unconsciousness.

Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.