Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Response to the Obama Transition Team change.gov call for Climate Change

I sent my thoughts about transparency and the public involvement to the Obama Transition Team, when it comes to the Climate:



- First of all, publish the thoughts/comments that you get, so the appearance of change.gov as a 'black hole' goes away.

- If you want me to write a program that automatically flags posts as disruptive or malicious and others as even unclear, I will do it, no problem.

- You could also use a 'smart' categorization system that then puts related 'ideas' together and makes them easier for YOU and the PUBLIC to cull through.

( If you want, I can write something that will do that too! )

- Speaking of transparency, I think people would like to see all of the energy companies and lobby groups that you believe are involved classified by willingness to reform their ways. That way, efforts can be concentrated on making the public most aware of those companies/lobbyists that are holding things up the most.

- And awareness is key. As the issue stands today, The numbers have shown that Americans are not yet educated about the climate enough. I think similar call banking and canvassing efforts that worked in the election can be used to get people up to speed on the issues. We can separate people into less and more enthusiastic about helping the cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.